Thursday, May 14, 2009

only this time

And so there we were, for the very last time lying close to each other. I had held your arms as you had mine, and somehow I felt this was going to be the longest wait I would have ever imagined.
Your eyes were still beautiful, although I feared that this may be the last that I am ever to see it. Those many nights that I've often wondered how I would become to ever be without you, and I guess somehow we both new the end was coming.
Am I to close the door of which you have left open?
Tonight I look at the stars and I see nothing, I feel only my heart and my heart alone would have been enough to remind me of how weak it is without you in it.
You know that i have only to wait for what ever comes out of your lips and I would be alive again. Send out the message and I would be whole again - and so I wait to hear your sweet voice and wait to see the sad look upon your face.
Perhaps this is the last of which I am to write about, I thank him so much for having brought you in my life.
It's the old song again that I'm hearing, only this time will be last that I am ever to sing with it and will hold on to a promise never to hurt ever.
Yes, until the melody drops, I would never say again for you will be my last.

No comments: